- This event has passed.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
July 9 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
You can follow this link for an appointment:
Click here to signup for the blood drive
Covid19 Safety First Procedures are in place
The American Red Cross is closely monitoring the evolving situation regarding the outbreak of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). While there is no evidence that this coronavirus or any respiratory illness can be transmitted through a blood transfusion, out of the abundance of caution, we are taking actions to help ensure the safety of our donors, recipients, volunteers, staff, and the blood supply. The Red Cross is asking that individuals postpone their donation for 28 days following:
- Travel to China, Hong Kong, Macau, as Iran, Italy, and South Korea;
- Diagnosis of COVID-19, contact with a person who has or is suspected to have the virus.
Pre-Donation Donor Temperature Screening
- All donors will be asked to have their temperature taken before being permitted into the blood drive.
- If a donor has a temperature greater than 99.5°F they will be asked to come back to donate when they are healthy and will be asked to leave the drive.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in, health history, and refreshment areas.
- Blood donors will be asked to use hand sanitizer prior to using tablets and laptops.
- Donor’s beds will be sanitized between every donor.
- Implementation of separated drive set up to allow as much distance as possible between donors.
Staff Wellness and Protection
- All staff members will have a temperature check before presenting to work, and they’ve been asked not to come to work if they are feeling sick.
- Staff will wear gloves throughout entire blood drive, changing gloves between every donor.
Increased Educational Materials
- Donor educational materials on COVID-19.