Seven Ways to Pray for FBBC Missionaries
1. Relationship with God
- faithfulness in Bible study and prayer
- Freshness in walk with God, focus on Jesus
- Fullness of the Spirit, listening to Him.
- Healthy relationship with spouse
- Wisdom as parents; education of children
- Good ties with family back home
- Contentment, if single, and good friendships
- Adaptation of climate, food, “bugs,” living
- Good physical health and regular exercise
- Safety in travel and from other dangers
- Strong emotional health in times of loneliness and discouragement
- Continued personal growth through reading, etc.
4. Cultural Adaptation
- Strong language acquisition
- Patience in, understanding of, and love for a different culture.
- Becoming all things to all men to save some.
- God to open doors and hearts for the Gospel
- The Spirit’s guidance in effective strategy
- Souls saved, disciples made, churches planted, national leaders developed
- More laborers to be raised up, local or foreign
6. Relationships with other missionaries & Nationals
- Good communication, openness, and understanding
- Healthy dealing with tension and forgiveness
- Mutual building up in the spirit of love and unity
7. Country of service
- National and local political leaders
- Peace and safety so the Gospel may spread
- Openness to Christian activity, visas
- National Church to grow strong and effective